Sunday, August 9, 2009

Campo Grande - Cidade Morena RC

I took the opportunity that I was living in Brazil to visit one region I always dreamed of visiting: the Pantanal, "the world’s largest freshwater wetland, a seasonally flooded plain ... almost 10 times the size of the Everglades" (from Nature Conservancy). My family and I went on vacation to this region, where we also visited Bonito, just south of the Pantanal, a fabulous place, loaded with incredible rivers, falls and caverns. Wanna see some pictures? Click here and here.

I asked my counselor back in Floripa, Joao Montardo, to put me in contact with Rotary clubs in Campo Grande, capital of the State of Mato Grosso, so that I could present my conference in the last day of vacation. Mr. Montardo new very well a past Governor there, Olimpio Ribeiro, who put me in contact with Brandao, prez of the Cidade Morena RC (Campo Grande). The speech took place on July 27 and lasted more than 45 minutes, with several question being asked.

In addition to Olimpio, past governors Antonio Elias Morais and Ivo Cezar, were also present (see picture with the three). Maria Ribeiro, a retired researcher from Embrapa (also in the picture), was also present and asked me to review a project she is about to propose to Rotary.


With past DG and Maria Ribeiro


With Prez Brandao

No comments:

Post a Comment