Monday, August 10, 2009

About my work here

I haven't written much about my academic work here. Here goes an update:


- I am teaching a graduate class that is having a nice impact. It is new stuff, and concerns interpretation of results. How to read, structure and write the interpretation of results. I proposed this course to my colleagues of the Department at UFSC and was accepted. I initiated the course in June and it should finish by mid-Sept.

- I am supervising one graduate and one undergraduate student. I already co-supervised two undergrad students in their Final Project.

- I have given a speech in Recife, invited by the Federal Univ of Pernambuco, last July.

- I initiated a collaborative effort involving 3 Brazilian institutions (possibly 4) and one (maybe two) Canadian Universities. A progress meeting is being held in Rio de Janeiro, on Friday Aug 14.

- I have participated as reviewer for two Masters thesis (one at UFSC and one at PUC-RJ).

- I was invited as key note speaker in a symposium to be held in the south of Brazil, next Oct. I don’t know yet if I can make it.

Other than that, I have adopted the same open doors attitude that I have adopted in my career, in Canada.I enjoy to keep close contact with young people's projects; even their non academic ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hello to you sir, Is there any ambassador to the Philippines for the rotary club? I am just doing a short research. If so, can you please give me a place or website. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete